you'll sing the song
 
you wanna know wat pain feels like?
Monday, January 10, 2005
whole new level
had such a tough time waking up this morning. practically dragged myself out of bed. i was telling myself that i shud wake up. but it was such a gradual mode that i was waking up at. 6.56am. the first moment that i opened my eyes and checked my clock. thought in the mind at the moment was that i can at least slp for another 4 more mins. However.. this kind of moments, even 30mins, less say 4 mins, would seem like jus 4 secs to anyone. This situation would really epitomise the phrase 'time flies'

I think i really face the extremes day in day out. to the 4 mins feels like 4 secs when getting out of bed, to the 4 mins feels like 4 hrs when i'm in the office. This i think, people, is THE RELATIVITY OF TIME, as set forth in Einstein's theory.

The relativity of time, has been affirmed once again, with new higher precision. Time dilation is the name for the notion that elapsed time as recorded by two observers with identical clocks will differ if one of the observers is traveling at a velocity v with respect to the other. The amount of dilation will become more noticeable as v becomes a larger fraction of the speed of light. In an experiment performed by Gerald Gwinner, Dirk Schwalm and their colleagues at the Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics in Heidelberg the clocks are lithium ions. The ions are struck by laser light from in front and from the back, putting them temporarily into an excited state and inducing fluorescence. By comparing the resonant laser wavelengths with the transition wavelength of the stationary ion, and by taking into account the Doppler effect the researchers can arrive at a value for time dilation.

ok. and 4 secs later, or rather seriously 4 mins later. i got up again with such precision like as if i knew the time was exactly 4 mins. i stuck one of my legs out of my bed. and and hugged my bloster agn. after awhile. it was my right hand's turn. off it went.. dangling now jus off the edge of my bed. but not threatening to fall off. with the other hand still hugging my bolster, my other leg was about to go out of the surface of the bed. but at this exact moment as my leg was moving at such a slow and comfortable speed, my mum came in to on the lights! AHHHH! hate it! my darkness.. she stole away my darkness.

it was like a tortoise being ambushed by a pack of wolves. moving so quick and so sudden. i quickly retracted my legs and my right hand.. curling myself up, and using my right hand to cover my eyes and left hand to hug the bolster even harder den before. it's like the tortoise retreating back into it's shelf. one split second and i was into tat position. i could still feel the light shining down onto my skin. arrghh. bad feeling. but at least i was in a protective position. but next up, there was nothing ever that i can protect myself against from.

my mummy started to talk. 'wake up, late already. how can so lazy' 'ask you slp earlier' she had the ability to go on talking about me waking up but by using all sorts of different phrases and even changing the topic to what i'm gonna eat for tmr's breakfast. yes! TMR! i was so helpless and defenseless. my nervous system was cracking up. yes. if my eyes were opened i bet they would have been filled with blood shot veins by now. i could not take it anymore. this had to stop.. and the only way to save myself was to sacrifice myself. i sat up. almost nonchalantly. and said good morning to her. and i walked to the toilet. but my mum is the best alarm clock around. never fails. haha. i would be rendered useless if not for her.

so it was really quite a hard time waking up. sheesh. still incurring the wrath of sleeping late late last night. going down for library duty. will be back

back with a vengence man. anyway... i still managed to get to office only 10mins late. nv fail to amaze myself by being jus a little little bit late.

i ended the previous post quite abruptly cos my colleague was waiting for me to leave with him and it was already pass 4pm tat day on friday. and me being so nice felt bad that he was carrying his bag and standing outside my cubicle waiting for me. so i faster shut down the com and left. reached home and hardly had the chance to take a nap before i had to rush off... off i went.. gala opening. russell wong's exhibition. so many big shots. or at least i tot they were. i dint stay long. had to rush off for the dinner and dance. had to rush down to marina mandrine before the guest of honour arrives. so i guess i'll go slowly appreciate his photos another day.

D n D was not bad. quite fun. played this game and they made me go up on stage to sing this song. but i had no idea how the lyrics sound like. hmmm... i jus stood up there and started mumbling and making some noise. haa... proudly earned 1000 points for my team. yea! and also got myself a $20 voucher at taka. got a $20 isetan voucher with me as well.. and a $15 HMV voucher.. think its gonna be a good CNY shopping season man! Sat with all the NSF during the dinner and dance.. and they were really kinda off man. hahaha.. rowdy and stuff. but found out that i'm actually in a super happening and fun department! as in they were the most ONZ ppl during the game playing sessions. makes me more determined to get to know them better. and my another one and half years will be much easier to pass here man.

quite a non significant weekend. played billard till damn late on sat night. marathon. about 4hours. sunday was a stay at home day. i complain when i'm out. i complain when i'm at home. haha. wat's wrong with me. i jus spent about 1hr emailing my colleagues... as in we had an email talking cock session thru the intranet. was really fun. haha. i'm beginning to find some life now. some excerpts.


Pree to Bob : 'Hey I feel the same way too!
BTW you have a keen dress sense...I like your shirts on some days..:)'



Viola to Everyone : 'hey hey no hitting on one another in the office (who cares if both of you are already taken - still cannot ...) ;pppppppppppppppppppppp'


Michelle to Bob : 'Hi Bobby,
I'm surprise to hear from you cos I've never been introduced to you formally : ) But never mind, next time I'll say "Hi". You did a great job singing on stage that night ! We are very impressed too : )'


and i feel so big headed now... heehee..

suppose to help one of my colleague shortlist some songs for her wedding nxt month.. now that's what i call working man..... is there such a job available somewhere? pls give me the lobang if u know? haha. i dun mind being the person adding songs into the shows previews or choosing songs for movies. i mean... woooooo.. that's REAL work! i'm in the research department.. why can't i research on songs man...

anyway.. my partner will becoming back tmr. no more one man show anymore! yeah! major celebration is needed around here man! shall celebrate it by going home to slp later. is it that weird to hold a celebration by sleeping? whoever stated that celebration must be doing something else. laughing out loud and being around ur frenz? u celebrate by doing something fun and you like. i think sleeping is fun and i like. so i shall celebrate like that.... that holds only for todae. and any other day i say, because i assure u i wun celebrate my bday like this man. if not surely very funny. i will laugh at myself. yea.


posted by bobby @ 10:08 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: bobby
Home: Dorset, Island, Singapore
About Me: Man in Pain
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Sing the Song


Scene

Songs

Friends
Waywards



Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER