you'll sing the song
 
you wanna know wat pain feels like?
Friday, September 28, 2007
Washing My Face
i woke up in the morning not knowing what to do. was i supposed to go to work? was i supposed to go to school? what is happening in my life? am i still a student or am i already a working adult. not wanting to bother too much about that, i stepped out of bed and walked towards the toilet wanting to wash my face. This feeling of being unable to open my eyes right after i wake up bothers me alot. Washing my face is also an indication of truly waking up, no more heading back to sleep.

As i slide open the toilet door, i am greeted by a pile of mess, my half opened eyes and tornado strucked hair. Staring at myself for a good two seconds, i pretty much enjoyed that two seconds. Stepping into the toilet was a different experience. The warmer tiles in the toilet gave me a sense of comfort no where else provide. I turn the tap and left the water running. It swirled down in a clockwise direction. The clock very wise we say. It tells us the time, nothing else can tell us the time. The sun perhaps. But would you put a sundial in the middle of your room? That is not very wise indeed.

Not wanting to let too much water swirl down into the abyss, i wet my hands and attempted to rid of all impurities in between my fingernails. Do not want them on my hands while washing my face. What would the point of washing your face then if you still leave them in between your fingernails? I cupped my hands together and formed a bowl shape, collecting a pool of water. But our hands are not the best of water carrier. Try it yourself. Cup your hands together and form a bowl shape. Fill it up with water and watch the water flow away bit by bit. Your hands will still be wet, but it will not serve the purpose well. Not wanting to miss the moment, after my bowl shaped hands are filled with water, in a swift moment i splashed the water onto my face.

It might be the lack of sleep, I was not swift enough perhaps and a good part of the water i collected with my bowl shaped hands landed on my body instead. i sighed at the moment and proceeded to repeat the process again. It was much better this time round and i felt a sensation of being fully awake. Things looked more clear and i looked at the mirror again. Pleased with what i'm seeing, i proceeded with the rest of my morning routine. Brushed my teeth and stepped out of the toilet.

The cold marble touched my feet and i liked it. I stood there, not moving, with the same questions coming back again. was i supposed to go to work? was i supposed to go to school? what is happening in my life? am i still a student or am i already a working adult.
posted by bobby @ 7:13 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: bobby
Home: Dorset, Island, Singapore
About Me: Man in Pain
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Sing the Song


Scene

Songs

Friends
Waywards



Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER