you'll sing the song
 
you wanna know wat pain feels like?
Friday, January 07, 2005
passion
k people, everyone's favourite huat is back. all i did yesterday was jus copy and paste various articles that i saw online that were 'rather' interesting i thought and wanted to share with you guys.

today, the class will be covering the topic on passion. or rather, jus a wee little bit of passion. which is my passion for soccer. think a normal person won't last even pass this sentence. yea. this chap is gonna talk about soccer. he's gonna explain why 22 men chase after the ball. and how man the game is. but like i mentioned. this is all about passion. realised that i've been rather neglecting my soccer. most but if not everyone will know that i love liverpool football club. yea. and i hate manchester united. this is like the most basic fundamental knowledge that you will need to know about me.

can jus kinda feel that maybe my passion is kinda waning. i remember i CRIED when liverpool lost to man u. twice. yea. devastating feeling. and when they scored and i was watching at home.. even in the middle of the night, i will jump up and down the house screaming like a mad monkey. that was ecstacy of the highest level. but nowadays. i haf no idea why. the screaming and all is still there. but no more jumping around. i keep more of those emotionals to within me.

think i'm still the same if u ask me to PLAY soccer. i'm a totally different person. think passion is still there for me. can't stand it when people play cheat or dare to employ underhand tactics against my team. there's no way anyone can go more underhand den me if i want to. its just the on fire kinda feeling when i'm on the pitch. my repertoire of insults and fouls would be the most varying assortments you'd haf even heard or seen. and when u know u really piss them off.. that's the feeling i want man.

back to liverpool. no idea why i started to support them too, it was in early 1994. started to watch soccer, and somehow the club liverpool jus seemed very attached to me. barnes, fowler, redknapped, ian rush. first group of idols man. haha. followed them like nobody's business. bought the magazines, waterbottle, cap, liverpool soccer ball(which i nv ever used)... and i was using the liverpool wallet till pri5 man! haha. and i could nv afford the jersey last time man. was like the ultimate thing to get.

my bro is a man u fan.

and i think my dad is a arsenal fan, although he never wants to admit to it. haa. wonder how we survive under the same roof huh..

and also the best thing about liverpool. they've got one of the most charismatic manager in the game's history ever. and his name is Bill Shankly. he was passion. he says the best things. and has the attitude man. i'll do anything to get that wit of his.

his quotes.



  • 'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

  • 'If you are first you are first.If you are second you are nothing.'

  • After a hard fought 1:1 draw: 'The best side drew.'

  • Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral 'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

  • Shankly to a young Liverpool trainee: 'The problem with you son, is that your brains are all in your head.'

  • After beating Everton in the 1971 FA Cup semi: 'Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands, and cut a hole in the lid.'

  • To a barber, who in 1968 had asked 'Anything off the top ?' 'Aye, Everton'

  • 'The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game.'

  • To Alan Ball after he'd signed for Everton: 'Never mind Alan, at least you'll be able to play next to a great team'

  • To Ian St John: 'If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.'

  • 'A lot of football success is in the mind.You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.'

  • About the This-is-Anfield plaque:'This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against.'

  • 'There's Man. Utd and Man. City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.'

  • On a wartime England v Scotland match:'We absolutely annihilated England. It was a massacre. We beat them 5-4.'

  • Shankly to the Brussels hotel clerk who queried his signing 'Anfield' as his address on the hotel register:'But that's where I live.'

  • After the 5:1 defeat by Ajax in the European Cup in 1967:'Five-one...Aye, that should help them to make a game of it when they come to Anfield for the 2nd leg.'

  • When asked what aspect of the game he disliked most:'The end of the season.'

  • Radio Merseyside interviewer to Shankly:'Mr Shankly, why is it that your teams' unbeaten run has suddenly ended ... ?'Shankly: 'Why don't you go and jump in the lake ?

  • To waiting journalists after a 3:0 defeat...'They're nothing but rubbish.Three breakaways, that's all they got.'

  • 'I was only in the game for the love of football- and I wanted to bring back happiness tothe people of Liverpool.'

cant really go on for now. had less den 5 hrs of slp man. brain aint really function in a decent order. not that i functioned in the decent order anyway but now it is really way out. you can tell by the fluidity of my writing now too. at least i aint making any typing mistakes which i can be quite proud of. which means that at least a part of my brain is still working quite well. now i have a totally different gameplan. i'm pretending to type and making all the 'tiap tiap tiap' sound out from my keyboard to make it seem as if i'm super busy typing out some document or whatever thing. the bad thing is that my direct supervisor sits at my 7 o'clock.

time check. 1500. woohoo. one more hour before i can leave for the wkend. guys. wish me all the best in clinching the top prize at the DnD later k? as i was saying my supervisor sits at my 7oclock. and there's a small slip hole at the wall. so she can monitor my movements and wat i'm doing whenever she wants. sheesh. bad man. haha.









posted by bobby @ 9:47 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: bobby
Home: Dorset, Island, Singapore
About Me: Man in Pain
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Sing the Song


Scene

Songs

Friends
Waywards



Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER