Came home. had dinner. and started folding kim zua... only finished folding. 2 full big bags. 2 and a half hours of folding. Burnt in 5mins tmr. May my ancestor bless me and that i have a good year ahead.
A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him.
He asked, "What are all those clocks?" St. Peter answered,"Those are Lie-Clocks.
Everyone on Earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie the hands on your clock will move." "Oh," said the man, "whose clock is that?" "That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie." "Incredible," said the man. "And whose clock is that one?" St. Peter responded, "That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abe told only two lies in his entire life."
"Where's Bush's clock?" asked the man. "Bush's clock is in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan."
A man checked into a hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an e-mail to his wife. However, he accidentally typed a wrong e-mail address, and without realizing his error, he sent the e-mail.
Meanwhile....Somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned from her husband's funeral. The widow decided to check her e-mail, expecting condolence messages from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she fainted. The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:
To: My Loving Wife Subject: I've Reached Date: 16 May 2004
I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here, and we are allowed to send e-mails to loved ones.
I've just reached and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you TOMORROW!
A Primary School teacher was having trouble with one of her students.The teacher asked, "Harry, what is your problem?"
Harry answered, "I'm too smart for the Primary 1. My sister is in Primary 3 and I'm smarter than she is! I think I should be in Primary 3 too!" The teacher took Harry to the principal's office.
While Harry waited in the outer office, the teacher explained to the principal what the situation was. The principal told the teacher he would give the boy a test and if he failed to answer any of his questions he was to go back to the Primary 1, and behave. The teacher agreed. Harry was brought in. The conditions were explained, and Harry agreed to take the test.
Principal: "What is 3 x 3?" Harry: "9"
Principal: "What is 6 x 6?" Harry: "36"
And so it went with every question the principal thought a Primary 1 student should know. The principal looks at the teacher and tells her, "I think Harry can go to Primary 3."
The teacher says to the principal, "May I ask him some tougher questions?" The principal and Harry both agree.
Teacher: "What does a cow have four of that I have only two ?" Harry: "Legs."
Teacher: "What is in your pants that you have but I do not have?" (The principal wondered, why does she ask such a question!) Harry: "Pockets."
Teacher: "What does a dog do that a man steps into?" Harry: "Pants."
Teacher: "What's starts with a C and ends with a T, and it is hairy, oval, delicious and contains thin whitish liquid?" (The principal's eyes open really wide and before he could stop the answer....) Harry: "Coconut."
Teacher: "What goes in hard and pink then comes out soft and sticky?" Harry: "Bubblegum."
Teacher: "What does a man do standing up, a woman do sitting down and dog do on three legs?" (The principal's eyes open really wide and before he could stop the answer...) Harry: "Shake hands."
Teacher: "Now I will ask some 'Who am I' sort of questions, okay?"
Teacher: "You stick your poles inside me. You tie me down to get me up. I get wet before you do." Who am I?? Harry: "A Tent."
Teacher: "A finger goes in me. You fiddle with me when you're bored. The best man always has me first." What am I?? (Principal was looking restless and a bit tense) Harry: "A Wedding Ring."
Teacher: "I come in many sizes. When I'm not well, I drip. When you blow me, I feel good." What am I?? Harry: "A Nose."
Teacher: "I have a stiff shaft. My tip penetrates. I come with a quiver." What am I?? Harry: "An Arrow."
Teacher: "What word starts with an 'F' and ends in 'K' that means a lot of excitement?" Harry: "Firetruck."
The principal breathed a sigh of relief and told the teacher, "Put this ass in Primary 6 ! I got the last 10 questions all wrong myself."
Will those aerosol spraying, breast groping perverts be there in Chinatown on CNY eve???
I honestly have no idea man.. maybe some of them scared already because it became so big news. maybe some of them wun go down because this one is not in their own territory. maybe some of them wun go because CNY eve at Chinatown dun have so many sweet young things.
So if all this maybe's comes true.. i feel it's gonna be a good celebration over there at Chinatown =)
i hate putting lyrics as post. but today is going to be my first time. i'm sorry to all those others who hate seeing lyrics being posted as well.... but this time its different...
James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover
Did I disappoint you or let you down? Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown? 'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun, Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won. So I took what's mine by eternal right. Took your soul out into the night. It may be over but it won't stop there, I am here for you if you'd only care. You touched my heart you touched my soul. You changed my life and all my goals. And love is blind and that I knew when, My heart was blinded by you. I've kissed your lips and held your head. Shared your dreams and shared your bed. I know you well, I know your smell. I've been addicted to you.
Goodbye my lover. Goodbye my friend. You have been the one. You have been the one for me.
I am a dreamer but when I wake, You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take. And as you move on, remember me, Remember us and all we used to be I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile. I've watched you sleeping for a while. I'd be the father of your child. I'd spend a lifetime with you. I know your fears and you know mine. We've had our doubts but now we're fine, And I love you, I swear that's true. I cannot live without you.
Goodbye my lover. Goodbye my friend. You have been the one. You have been the one for me.
And I still hold your hand in mine. In mine when I'm asleep. And I will bear my soul in time, When I'm kneeling at your feet. Goodbye my lover. Goodbye my friend. You have been the one. You have been the one for me. I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow. I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow
This song is very very very chee cham. very sad. Again it brought back memories. I would have loved this song. it's so direct it just says everything you would want to say. And make you feel all the feelings you felt. its like a dagger piercing into your heart. I think it would apply to many others also. it's a universal feeling. the feeling when someone walks out of your life. someone important.
i was scrambling through my old emails and found this piece of gem. guess many of us would have received this and read thru it before, but i'll put it here so that i can read thru it as many times as i like. Becos each time you read it, it might bring back a different memory =)
1. You grew up watching He-man, MASK,Transformers, Silver hawk and Mickey Mouse. Not to forget, Ninja turtles, My Little Pony and Smurfs too. (for the younger ppl, can add power ranger also lar.)
2. You grew up brushing your teeth with a mug in Primary school during recess time. You will squat by a drain with all your classmates beside you, and brush your teeth with a coloured mug.The teachers said you must brush each side 10 times too. (they had this dentist in my primary school!! and each time i had to visit her, it was like nightmare!!! she'll scold you for everything you have not done. and look so fierce while u wince in pain on the operating chair..i hate dentist)
3. You know what SBC stands for. (singapore broadcasting coporation!! wahahah.. last time where got scv? last time where got so many channel let you watch? chn 5 and chn 8. and m'sian channels. somemore start very late and end very early one. like only broadcast for 3pm start i think. what time end i not sure. young that time must sleep before 10 if not daddy will scold.)
4. You pay 40 cents for Chocolate or Strawberry MILK every week in class.
5. You watch a very popular Malay dubbed Japanese drama on RTM1 about schoolgirls who possess powerful skills in volleyball called Meoro Attack. (got atsi mat yoyo also! saturday evenings i think.)
6. You find your friends with pagers and handphone cool in Secondary school. (that means last time i also cool. haha!)
7. SBS buses used to be non-airconditioned. The bus seats are made of wood and the cushion is red. The big red bell gives a loud BEEEP! when pressed. There are colourful tickets forTIBS buses.The conductor will check for tickets by using a machine which punches a hole in the ticket.
8. Envelopes given to us to donate to Sharity Elephant every Children's Day
9. You've probably read Young Generation magazine.You know who's Vinny the little vampire and Acai the constable.
10. You were there when they first introduced MRT here. You went for the first ride with your parents and you would kneel on the seat to see the scenery. (i was 3yrs old when the mrt started operation. but no recollection of my first ever ride. =( sad )
11. Movie tickets used to cost only $3.50. (now is triple the price. only 20 yrs and triple the price! next time when i 60yrs old how?! $90 meh!!)
12. Gals are fascinated by Strawberry Short Cake and Barbie Dolls. (boys love figurines. ninja turtles, he-man whatever is cool he likes.)
13. You learn to laugh like The Count in Sesame Street. (today's programe have been brought to you by the number 2 and bla bla bla..)
14. You longed to buy tibits called Kaka(20 cents per pack),and Ding Dang(50 cents per box), that had a toy in it and it changes every week not forgetting the 15 cents animal crackers and the ring pop, where the lollipop is the diamond on the ring.
15. You watched TV2 (also known as Channel 10) cartoons because Channel 5 never had enough cartoons for you.
16. Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, The Three Investigators, Famous Five and Secret Seven are probably the thickest story books you ever thought you have read. Even Sweet Valley High and Malory Towers.
17. KFC used to be a high class restaurant that serve food in plates and let you use metal forks and knives. (this i remember! trips to KFCs were like me going down to some 5star hotel restuarant to eat now)
18. The most vulgar thing you said was asshole and idiot and THE MOST EXTREME WAS 'super white'...you just couldn't bring yourself to say the hokkien relative.
19. Catching was the IN thing and twist as the magic word.
20. Your English workbooks were made of some really poor quality paper that was smooth and yellow. (english workbooks were all worksheets we have to tear out. and the filing part is something i hated the most. worksheets would be everywhere and damn disorganised. whenever the teacher says she wants to check your file, SURE PANIC!! go everywhere go find all the worksheets.)
21. CDIS were your bestfriend.
22. The only computer lessons in school involved funny pixellised characters in 16 colours walking about trying to teach you maths.
23. Waterbottles were slinged around your neck and a must everywhere you go.
24. Boys loved to play soccer with small plastic balls in the basketball court. (soccer was the bread and butter in my primary school)
25. Teng-teng, batu lesung, chapteh, hentam bola and zero point were all the rage with the girls and boys too... (i was the pepsi cola 1 2 3 champion..)
26. Science was fun with the balsam and the angsana being the most important plants of our lives, guppies and swordtail being the most important fish.
27. Who can forget Ahmad, Bala, Sumei and John, eternalized in our minds from the textbooks. Even Mr Wally & Mr. Yakki. What abt Miss Lala??? And Zaki and Tini in Malay Textbooks? (PETS Course book.... quite a useless textbook i gotta say. we always depended on all these outside textbook. smaller ones but thicker. got orange and green. Cambridge or Oxford i forgot)
28. We carry out experiments of our own to get ourself badges for being a Young Zoologist/Botanist etc. (hated this, always must choose those damn easy experiment to try and accumulate more points.)
29. Every children's day and national day you either get pins or penswith 'HappyChildren's Day 1993' or dumbfiles with Happy National Day1994'. (i think i threw them all away)
30. In Primary six you had to play buddy for the younger kids like big sister and brother.
31. We wear BM2000, BATA, or Pallas shoes. (and every sunday night i had to apply the stupid liquid paper like thing onto the shoe, which becomes powdery when dry. such a chore and it strikes you hard that the next day is monday sad)
32. Your form teacher taught you maths,science and english. (damn powerful they all. very versatile.)
33. The worksheets were made of brown rough paper of poor quality. (machiam toilet paper)
34. You went to school in slippers and a raincoat when it rained, and you find a dry spot in the school to sit down, dry your feet, and wear your dry and warm socks and shoes.
35. School dismissal time was normally around 1 pm. (damn shoik lor! it's almost like working half-day for everyday of the year. which means, a half-year year!!)
36. There would be spelling tests and mental sums to do almost everyday. (i was quite a dilligent spelling learner i'm proud to say)
37. Your friends considered you lucky and rich if your parents gave you $3 or more for pocket money everyday.
38. You see Wee Kim Wee's face in the school hall.
39. You freak out when the teacher tells you to line up according to height and hold hands with the corresponding boy or girl. (no girls leh my school, but its weird how we never freak out if hold hands with guys. imagine doing that now?)
40. Boys like to catch fighting spiders. (my classmate caught this huge f**king praying mantis, and used a scissor and cut it's head off in front of me. omg)
41. Collecting and battling erasers was a pastime for boys (oooooooooohhhhhh, i had a whole box of them!! save money for dunno how long to buy!!! i had a battle eraser which won much honours for me, now dunno all throw go where.)
42. Autograph books were loaded with "Best Wishes", "Forget Me Not", and small poems like "Bird fly high, hard to catch.Friend like you, hard to forget".
43. Class monitors and prefects loved to say "You talk somemore, I write your name ah!" (me included!! haahahha)
44. There were at least 40 people in one class. (my p6 class had 45)
45. Large, colourful schoolbags were carried. (weird that i have no idea what kinda bag i carried back then...)
46. You brought every single book to school, even though there was one thing called the timetable.
** But most importantly, we were really HAPPY children… hehe
i'm currently addicted to Meiji's Coffee Flavoured Milk. cudden find the picture of it. so cannot show u. but most supermarket would carry it. Not very expensive. but DAMN nice.
met daphne for claypot rice. haha. an old friend of mine. very old fren. and this is someone who can talk and talk and talk even more then me. which is no easy feat. the 'machine gun' i called her. was asking her on advise about the PR line. something she's doing now. like the title suggest. future = ??
haha. its still a big question mark. dunno how. but the journey there has to begin now.
CNY is coming very very soon. This year it would be kinda different. My grandfather passed away few months ago. Hence, all 4 of my grandparents would be up there looking down at me this CNY. how long would you get to spend with somebody? how long is enough? did u treasure the time you had with the person?
I would like to mention a few names now. Ng Shao Hao, Jerome Huang, and Esther Lim. Shao Hao and Jerome were my classmates in school. While Esther was a great friend i knew. All 3 are of the same age as me.
Shao Hao was the undisputed karaoke king in SJI. he was very very fast at his 2.4km run. and a very responsible NPCC cadet.
Jerome was my soccer buddy in primary school. Everyday from primary 4 to 6, we would be running down the field up and down chasing a ball. One to share crazy jokes with. went with me to SJI too.
Esther was a bubbly and madcap girl. very very spontaneous and one of the very rare girls whom listened to heavy metal music and owned a couple of guitars herself. We spent many crazy days together.
But somehow or rather, they were all taken away from us. And now looking down at us from somewhere up above. life is very very cruel. it hits us hardest when we least expect it to.
Shao Hao, Jerome and Esther, no matter where u guys are, i just wanna say that i wanna thank you guys for being part of my life. And you are not forgotten. Will remember you always for the part that you have played in my life.
Maybe that was too late. I never said it to them when they were around. Do not hesitate to tell the person you care about that you care about them, do not hesitate to thank someone if they've played a big part in ur life. Treasure the moment you have. Treasure the person you have. Don't be too late
bad news. i think i need a portable hard disk drive..... sigh.... i'm just too sentimental. all my animes , songs and movies i just dun want to delete. why i like that? is this the so called ''nothing is ever enough'' for humans? tat men wun ever be contented? ARRRGHHHH
SINGAPORE : About 700,000 current and ex-National Servicemen could be getting a one-off bonus and other financial incentives if recommendations by a defence panel are approved by the Government.
Zheng hu sibei kiang. Errection coming liao. Then they gib all the ns men marnee.... if errection not coming, you think zheng hu so song? throw money meh?
But i complain for what? because if they going to gib the marnee... i also will have... SONG BO??? ok.. girls.. there's no need to be jealous. because the money that they're giving us is for 2 years plus of our lives. 2 bloody years. you girls are still way ahead of us guys. 2 years u can earn back the money they giving us many many times over. So it's just more of a small consolation for us (if we get it)
Beautifully directed movie accompanied with a fantastic soundtrack. I'm hooked onto it. Besides Wang Li Hong's Kiss Goodbye, this is the only other song i'm listening to now. Well, if you can't find the movie at least take a listen to one of the song from the soundtrack. Dunno how to describe. jus take a listen, please...
Time is GMT + 8 hours Posted: 19 November 2005 2151 hrs
New guidelines on public loos set to see more toilet cubicles for women By Hasnita A Majid, Channel NewsAsia
If you're a woman, you're likely to have been stuck in a line for a toilet before.
Well, these queues are set to get shorter.
The National Environment Agency has introduced new guidelines on public toilets that will benefit women.
In new public loos, there will be as many, if not more female toilet cubicles as compared to men's urinals and toilet cubicles put together.
In medium-sized establishments, such as bars and night clubs, there will be five toilet cubicles for women, while there will be two urinals and three cubicles for men.
In places where usage of toilets is expected to be more confined to certain peak periods such as convention and exhibition halls, theatres and cinemas, women will have more toilets than the men.
For example, in an exhibition hall that can hold up to 900 persons, there will be 14 female toilet cubicles compared to only 10 urinals and male toilet cubicles.
These are changes introduced in response to public feedback that there are insufficient female toilets in some facilities here.
With the changes, Singapore Polytechnic will also be working with the World Toilet College to conduct courses on Restroom Maintenance, Restroom Design and Ecological Sanitation.
For a start, the Ecological Sanitation course will help train people to build more toilets in the developing countries, resulting in proper toilets, especially beneficial for women - a worthy piece of news for women, as Singapore celebrated World Toilet Day on Saturday!
Good news leh. next time got more toilet for girls. So guys, u no need to stand there and wait so long like a kuku for your gf already. good hor? so happy....... but you know what or not? they going to decrease the number of cubicles for guys. EH! why like that? and girl toilet will have equal or more cubicles to guy's urinals + cubicles. EH! wah lau!
If want to add more girl cubicle very good. i applaud that move very much. i clap my hands many times. clap my legs also can. many times maybe cannot. will cramp. But why decrease guys cubicles and urinals? Let the guys one remain the same mar.. Girls always like to delay delay in the toilet. That's why take so long. You all girls faster faster can already lor.
Maybe i shud write a petition also. Nowadays online petition like very hot favourite. You want something, you write petition online. Ban this ban that also write petition. My petition is ''Allow same number of male urinals and cubicles in toilets to stay''
Company claims method of harnessing electricity from trees
Seemingly from the same school of scientific thought as the person who brought us the "car that runs on water, man!" is a gentleman named Gordon Wadle who claims to have found a very simple way to draw electricity from trees. After studying lightning which emanates from the ground, Wadle began trying to harness this so-called terrestrial power by driving nails into trees and attaching them to copper water pipes driven into the ground.
Although so far the process only produces a voltage that fluctuates between .8 and 1.2-volts (making it completely useless), Wadle managed to convince a company called MagCap to support his research and a law firm to file patents on his behalf. MagCap President Chris Lagadinos is hoping to produce stable 12-volt electricity by the end of 2006, although energy experts seem to be of the mind that this whole thing is a bunch of hogwash.
Still, if these guys can somehow pull this off (and without damaging the trees), we'll finally be able to free ourselves from the oppressive oil cartel by simply planting a small oak in our passenger seats.
Hi everyone, sorry for the pissing and irritating previous sad post. but now i'm back. i am going to talk about one of my pastimes. KTV-ing. rather expensive but can be cheap depending on the timing and day which you go. i think this answers the question many asked me. ''Why your blog name ''you'll song the song'' ?
KTV or Karaoke has been around for a long long time. But it has only picked up recently as those companies are smart and they are now 'family-lising' it. So now KTV is a healthy hobby but not that healthy on the wallet. Just as recent as about 6 to 7 years ago, it was still a very 'sleazy' activity. Tell people that you're going to a KTV people will think of alchohol, hostess and an environment filled with smoke and drunk old men.
I picked up KTV as early as 6 years old. Primary 1. Biggest influence was my Dad. i think he loves singing even more then i do. His collection of medals and trophies from taking part in those community centers KTV competition bears no equal i suppose. At least to my own knowledge. it's massive. He used to bring the family to this little 'meeting room' where he and his colleagues meet in the evenings for a karaoke session. I was young. i did not like to go at all. but like i said i was young so i had no say in anything. I sat there listening to him and his colleagues about twice every week. Sometimes he will 'force' me to sing as well, to 'amuse' his colleagues. now that i think of it, i machiam clown. but that was ok. I was like a superstar. haha.
Sometimes when he feels like it, he'll bring us to this KTV in a community center. and there, he always makes me sing with him. and KTV in community centers had no rooms. All u do is to choose ur song and go up on the mini-stage to sing. So that was my first exposure. cool eh?
As i grew older, i stopped going. But after finding a couple of friends in secondary school who had this common interest, i started going again. Our regular place was this little karaoke pub in Lucky Plaza. It was 1999, There was still no family KTVs around. of cos the technology wasn't there as well. It was a disc jockey. and several clear folder files. you choose the song you want, write the 'number' of the song on a slip of paper and pass it to the DJ. They are usually Ah Bengs with long hair long sideburns long wallets and a long comb.
Not long after that came the boom of KTVs and slowly... everyone else also caught the fever. and i can understand why. And now that everyone's caught the fever, many people goes to KTVs and 'show off' their voices. all you want is to go there relax and have a good time. However, there exist many many irritating people who threatens to spoil your KTV outing. Below, i've listed down 8 undesirable KTV traits. people who are all out to piss you off.
8 Undesirable KTV Traits
1. Mic Hogging
Mic Hogging simply means somebody singing non-stop like he or she is the only person in the room. He or she thinks that everybody else shares the same amount in the bill just to listen to him or her sing. Regardless of any songs that appear, this person knows how to sing it. and WANT to sing it. He or she thinks that nobody else can sing as well and the whole world just sits there and listen. Simply put, the worst kind of person to go to a KTV with. Avoid at all cost.
2. Inserting Songs
Imagine going with a big group of friends. and you've waited for a long time for ur song to come. Finally, its the next song. So you turn your head and tell the fren beside you that u're very excited and you're going to do your best to sing. And when u turn ur head back to the screen, you suddenly see a motherfucking big list of songs appearing above yours and pushing your song all the way down the pecking order. And the person who added them says that all these songs are damn nice... and ask everybody to listen to him or her sing and see if it's nice. See already also feel like going home already.
3. Mega Song List
you go into the room and puts down your bag, take a look at the drinks menu, think of what you are going to drink, think of what songs u wanna start with first and before you know it, the first song starts and when you stare at the song list, it about as long as the Great Wall of China. A small consolation when this occur... you can start on the tibits and peanuts and finish all of them before you get ur first song.
4. Singing Together
You requested for this special song. It's the perfect love song and you're very good at it. The girl you've been wanting to go out with is also present in the room. This is your best chance to impress her. And just before the song starts. Some irritating guy in the room takes the other mic and says ''eh, sing together leh, i like this song also.'' You think ''fuck, sing together with this 'kill chicken voice' guy sure cannot impress girl one' so you ask him to sing the first part while you sing the 2nd part in an attempt to be nice and also salvage the situation. but then he answer ''sing together lar, i not sure how to sing, but i like the song'' you'll might wan to consider murdering him.
5. Repeating Songs
There are many million songs available. But this person keeps playing the same song over and over again. PEK CEK AHHH!! it's gonna be a boring time. did you bring ur ipod?
6. Singing with slang
Those fellas sing ang moh songs, try to give the ang moh slang. But worst thing is dun sound like ang moh. Sound like some chicken. very turn off.
7. Don't Sing
This is the perfect person to go to a KTV with person (1) (2) (3). But if you're none of the above, you'll find this person slightly irritating. Cos this person is just sitting there no doing anything. And you feel abit bad too. come all the way here and eat peanut? outside peanut much nicer lor. And there are times when you sing too much you cannot take it already. This person still dun wan to sing. haiya.
8. Fart in Mic
You're singing with one of the mic, the song goes into the music with no lyrics. Suddenly u hear a weird sound ''plak plak peet peet proooott pooott..'' and then got bass somemore. knn.......
but rest assured i'm not any of the above. so KTV anyone??
not exactly the best of ways to end the week. ribs still hurting. my bro jus left. mom's sick. sister's sick. feeling of emptiness is filling the whole of me. can't find anyone to talk to. feel like i'm the center of a big joke. where's everyone? everything's just feeling heavy. just need to talk to someone. someone to make me laugh. or for me to make someone laugh. that would ease the mood.
maybe life is an entity. it's lurking around somewhere. looking at what you're doing. if it decides that it aint happy with you, it might just make everything go wrong. even the weather making fun of me. 2 full days of rain. doesn't it dampen the mood further?
The first few days of 2006. still not used to typing 2006. this kind of things always happens. just when you're so used to typing or writing the year. a new one comes along. now we're still typing 2006 two numbers using right hand two numbers using left hand. soon it'll be one number with the left and three numbers on the right like eg. 2007. rite?
back to the first few days of 2006. The whole family was busy trying to get stuffs done and buy stuffs for my bro. it was hectic. considering the last min and non-panic nature of my brother... he was leaving for Nice, France for an exchange for 4 months. considering it's the first time he will be going away from home by himself, it was a big affair. i was worried sick. partly cos there's riots going on over there in france. never felt this before. ever. but i guess he's gonna turn 20 soon and that it's time to let him go and taste some sense of independence.
Nice seems like a nice place. was doing some research on the internet. will tell u more about the place later. prolly place some pictures here as well.
after 3 days of packing and worrying, it was finally off to the airport last night. haven been there for a long time. the last time would have been the bo liao trip down with the guys. sent him off. and the parents of other students were tearing and all. and my dad, being himself, was saying ''why they need to cry? 4 months only what. cry for wat?'' he was jus being his usual macho self. the MAN. i was like wat the hell. hope things will turn out fine. gonna be fun. wouldn't mind going over to somewhere myself to stay as well.
but responsibility boy. i've got my responsibilities. cannot anyhow fly here and there as i like. and i love my family too much to actually leave them behind and go somewhere else. we'll just see wat happens.
my first post for the new year. been away for more then a few days i realised. hope u guys missed me. many things happened from when i last blogged and now. too many to be elaborated.
played the 26th on 31st Dec morning. victory to us 7 - 4. Bobby Pua ghosted in behind the defense and scored the last goal of 2005 in the last minute of play with a powerful headed effort and the goalkeeper helpless to stop it. well done. of cos credits to James for playing in the cross.
this was followed up by a not so fantastic last afternoon of 2005. Lunch with fellow Team SJI members (only brandon and pravin was there) was fantastic. Chomped down on meatballs and salmon at Ikea after a marvellous effort by brandon to spot a table after 15mins of hovering around the cafe.
disaster was to strike after lunch. this earth shattering rain began. we alternated between Ikea and Anchorpoint while waiting for the rain to stop. Legs were aching after a morning of heart thumping soccer action. But determined to fulfill our primary objective of gaming at Queensway Shopping Centre, we walked on in the hope of the rain ending. Fortune favoured the determined, or so we thought, when the rain stopped. and we scurried over to Queensway Shopping Centre. Finally, we can sit down, have a drink, play some games and talk some cock comfortably. Time check 4.30pm. We reached the shop. Only to be informed that they were closing at 5pm.
This funny chap at the counter said ''Errrr, we're closing at 5pm. I need to count down also you know?'' pravin was fugging pissed after this. it was his idea but this trying to be funny chap said the sentence which destroyed us literally. so did fortune favour the determined?
FUCK YOU UNDERSTAND. you need not add in the last line. it somehow degraded your intelligence. tat's if u had any. As all people with the slightest hint of intelligence would know, count down to the new year would start 10 seconds before 12am. where people would start going ''10, 9, 8, 7........ 0!!! *dance hop ard screams happy new year*'' this is the standard procedure that i noticed in my 21, soon to be 22, years of existence on this earth.
So you could have closed your shop at 1159pm and still be able to count down. Let's say you're happening and u're going to sentosa or expo for some countdown party. You can close the shop at 7 and still go and countdown. bah. i'm jus sore that i dint get to play, so are my foot.
but this series of unfortunate events doesn't end there. it started raining agn. braved the rain to the busstop, where i travelled all the way to tampines after that for my family bbq wet and with a bad headache. been travelling alot. but well.. it was a nice and cosy affair. reached home at 11. and counted down while watching liverpool trying to come back against bolton. that was the last few seconds of 2005.